Spiritual baths are very impactful if done with the right ingredients and intention. Water is a natural energetic conduit and assists with toxin releases. There ‘s so much information around now about what to put in your bath and tons of bath products. Although it’s great more people are interested in the healing qualities of a spiritual-bath there is still some misleading information in regards to what should go into the bathtub.
Some bath bombs bought in stores have chemicals and skin dyes that do more harm than good. I’ve found that making my own bath’s at home is much safer simply because I know every ingredient that I’m absorbing through my skin. Also, you can customize your bath experience based on what you’re trying to accomplish, here are three of my favorite spiritual baths that I use a few times a week.
Toxic Emotional Energy Release Bath
Water is the element of emotions so it’s no wonder baths are known for their stress relieving properties. This bath, in particular, I use as a “gunk” release, after major emotional shifts or transformation. This is a very energetically strong toxin removal and shouldn’t be used more than once a week.
- 1 Teaspoon Activated Charcoal: a natural toxin absorber that has been used throughout the years as a poison antidote.
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda: natural alkalizer and detoxer.
- 3 Tablespoon Episome Salt: traditional spiritual cleanser.
- 5 Drops of Cedarwood or Sandalwood: natural grounding properties which are important due to the intense release.
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil: keeps skin from getting irritated, hold moisture and leaves your skin soft.
Crystals (optional/do set intentions for each crystal if used):
- Quartz (for overall healing and balancing of all chakras)
- Amethyst (the best healing stone for psychic and spiritual awareness)
1. Start a tub semi-hot, grab a glass with some of the tub water and mix in the charcoal and baking soda until the water has turned black and there’s no more powder. (this prevents the charcoal from sticking to your skin. If the charcoal happens to stick to your skin during the bath just take a quick shower and it will come right off).
Empty the charcoal mixed water into the bath along with the rest of ingredients.
2. Wait until the bath is at least half full before stepping in. This will allow ample time for the energy to fill the water and the crystals healing properties to be activated by the other ingredients.
You can also light some sage or incense I recommend frankincense or sandalwood for more grounding energy. Soak in this bath for at least 20 minutes to utilize the most of the healing energy.
Warning: make sure you have a glass of water nearby for after your soak. This tub is a heavy clearer and can cause lightheadedness when getting out. I suggest doing this at night because it can cause tiredness when sleeping light sage to clear any negative energy around. This ensures only positive energy is refilling your aura.
Heart Chakra Love Bath
This bath if my favorite, it’s meant to be super romantic and dripping in self-love. It is a very feminine energy bath and can be used no matter the gender.
- 3 Tablespoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 2 Drops of Peppermint Oil
- 2 Drops of Lavender Oil
- 2 Drops of Florida Water (a super high vibrational scent that can be found at many local botanicas. Raises vibrational level’s naturally)
- Red and Green candles
- Rose Quartz
1. Mix the matcha powder with hot water and set aside while filling the bath.
2. While the tub is filling with water place your aromatherapy oils and crystals, pour matcha mix and allow the tub to fill half way before stepping in.
This is a great bath to have while sipping mugwort tea (a great feminine energy enhancing tea that also activates psychic abilities). Play some love frequency music or any music that makes you feel love. This bath is meant to be a self-love act so customize it to make it fit your specific personality.
Ignite The Fire Bath
Feeling creatively blocked? Is passion on a low right now? No worries, this is the fire bath that will reactivate that passion laying dormant within you.
- ne whole ginger sliced
- Fresh Orange Slices
- 1/2 cup of Dead sea salt
- 3 drops of rosemary oil (amazing solar plexus activator)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- Orange and yellow candles or natural beeswax candles
- White Sage
- Citrine Quartz
- Fill the tub halfway before setting the tub for this specific soak. Once filled slice a whole ginger and put into the water once the ginger soaks into the water it will have an internal fiery effect and may cause sweating.
- Peel an orange and twist over the tub allowing the spritz to hit the water also leave the peels in the tub, I also squeeze the orange juice into the tub as well for extra citrus. Place crystals at the foot of the bath.
- Place rosemary oils and coconut oil. Light candles, sage and set an intention for this fiery bath to ignite your solar and sacral chakra. Once in the tub, I rub my feet and legs with the coconut oil infused the water.
You will begin to feel hot within after 10 minutes or so and this is the effect of the bath.